As you all know, I write articles every single day about teens and parents. I thought that it might be a good idea to just review a few guiding principles as you navigate ahead with your teenagers. So here in five clear points are some guiding principles to point your teenage compass in the right direction.
1. Be available when you can to your teens both physically and emotionally.
2. Do a lot more listening than talking. I always say that we have two ears and one mouth for a reason.
3. Don’t be afraid to set limits when necessary. It’s okay for your teens to get mad at you. Their
safety is first and foremost.
4. Be very aware of what you are modeling for your teens. They are watching you.
5. Help your teens balance work, play, and their social lives.