I have been listening to the teen slang that seems to be popular these days and I’ve got some new terms for you. You may already be familiar with some of them but even if you learn one new word, phrase or abbreviation you are that much more in the know.
1. “My bad” This is a very popular phrase used by teens and I am so proud of myself for being able to figure out what it means on my own. It means “my mistake.”
2. “Hardcore” This means that something is intense. It usually refers to something that is intense in a good way but can also be used when something bad is happening.
3. A “Tool” This refers to someone who is geeky in some way and thus undesirable.
4. “Crunk” For the definition of this slang term I must admit that I had to refer to the Urban Dictionary and here are multiple definitions that were listed:
Some common uses:
1. To get Crunk is To have a good time.
2. Crunk is also thought to be derived from a combination or a portmanteau of the words “crazy” and “drunk”, or a combination of “chronic” and “drunk”, referring to the state of being both drunk from alcohol and high on marijuana, at the same time.
3. A style of music most commonly made by rap artists from the southern states, aka the Dirty South. Some crunk artists (or groups) are Lil’ Jon, Pitbull, Lil’ Scrappy, Trillville, and David Banner.
4. Something at a high level, as in volume.
And finally, one that I think most of us are already familiar with:
5. “BFF” This is an endearing abbreviation that stands for Best Friends Forever